Monday, November 30

Every Breath You Take – The Police


Every Breath You Take – The Police

A bunch of you voted for this song to be analyzed at the end of the week before Thanksgiving. I started, and realized there was too much depth to only give it one day. Get ready to dust off every perfect rhyme for “take”. More importantly, there are some wonderful harmony and melody aspects to dig into and use for your own songwriting.

Listen to the song HERE. I’ll print the lyrics below. Have a great week everyone.


~Shane


PS. Remember, I could evaluate one of your songs this Friday if you submit it HERE.

PPS. Also, please vote in the new poll. (Email me if there is a song you want me to include in the poll!)


-          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Every Breath You Take – The Police

Every breath you take every move you make
Every bond you break, every step you take I’ll be watching you
Every single day, every word you say
Every game you play, every night you stay I’ll be watching you

Oh, can’t you see you belong to me
How my poor heart aches with every step you take

Every move you make, every vow you break
Every smile you fake, every claim you stake I’ll be watching you

Since you’ve gone I’ve been lost without a trace
I dream at night, I can only see your face
I look around but it’s you I can’t replace
I feel so cold, and I long for your embrace
I keep crying, baby, baby please

Oh can’t you see you belong to me
How my poor heart aches with every step you take

Every move you make, every vow you break
Every smile you fake, every claim you stake I’ll be watching you
Every move you make, every step you take I’ll be watching you
I’ll be watching you...


No comments: